Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The problem with this Katy Perry album cover is...


It's such a great picture of Katy, but all the rubbish around it kind of takes the attention away from it.

I get that it's called "The Complete Confection" and that she really likes candy and all that, but it could have been done classier, like this:


but that's just a thought.

All of those colors are really stunning, but in a bad way. In my opinion the album cover should have looked like this:



You see, this cover, is actually perfect. There are roses and an old-timey phone and a hair straightener (even though her hair is wavy in the picture) so it all looks very teenager-y but the dress she's wearing makes her look like a mature woman.

But if you're really caught up with using the official cover photo, you might fancy this:



You'll notice it's not perfect, but it's quite nice, yes?

Also, can we take a moment to admire the beauty of the cover art of "Part of Me"?



I like blonde Katy. I like the pose. I like the font. I like the dress. I like the way they put those pink stripes (that kinda remind me of a cat) in a way to make an "A." I love how the ends of the letters look like ripped ticket stubs, or a "part" of a ticket stub if you will. Why couldn't the same people that came up with this masterpiece have made the album cover? Why?

"Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection" will be released on March 27th. What do you think of the album cover? How does it measure up to the fanmade ones? Comments greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment