Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just a pop thought with The Charlies



What if The Charlies, the sirens behind amazing pop songs like "Let That Body Breathe" and "Tickin' Like A Bomb," were to collaborate with some very, very amazing producers and other artists. I have fantasies about what these girls could accomplish and I got sick of keeping them to myself, so I'm gonna let 'em fly.

What if the girls collaborated with will.i.am. in an electro-hop single with glitchy beats and seriously demented synthesizer sequences? Then will.i.am. would undoubtedly spit a few verses in during the bridge, which would be ok. But imagine the voices of Klara, Alma, and Camilla ina mega-autotuned state over a big slice of hip-pop pie? Simply amazing. I'm thinking it would sound a little like a more energetically-sung "Big Fat Bass" (by Britney Spears, duh) and with a really amazing melody.

Or what if they worked with Bloodshy & Avant? I mean seriously, those guys are responsble for the best songs by Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, and Sky Ferreira, now imagine what they could do with The Charlies! It could either be a really chill semi-ballad with elements of grimy electronica and delicate, quivering vocals or it could be a full-blown, rave-happy adventure with synthesizers and everything but the kitchen sink thrown in with the girls' amazing, powerful vocals. It could be the dance anthem of the century! Picture a mash-up of Kylie Minogue's "Speakerphone" and Britney Spears' "Radar" but with better vocals and a stronger backbeat. Mmm!!

Now, I know that this is less of a fantasy and more of a waiting game, but a David Guetta collab would be great. I mean, no matter what he did with them, it would be great. Well, so long as it resembles anything but Jessie J's Guetta collab "Repeat," because it's quite shoddy. There would be an amazing breakdown, which The Charlies are no strangers to. It could be like a mix between "Let That Body Breathe" and "Monster (EAT ME!)" taken to the next level, killed, and risen to heaven. I could scream of excitement; this man collabs with everybody, it's only a matter of time till The Charlies get to take a turn on the Guetta train (not to be confused with the Ghetto train, in which Ciara is the queen).

Also, about the D. Guetta collab, it could also include these people as featured artists: Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, or a mixture of all the above. Why not?

I'm also thinking a RedOne production, but that might sound like his work with The Dolly Rockers and the last thing I wanna do is have to choose between my two favorite girl bands. Let's keep this one in the backburner.

I would also lurve to see the girls show my home country of Mexico some love. A bilingual collab with Mexican Pop Princess Paulina Rubio would be really nice. The electro-pop niche these women all swim in (albeit in different languages) would make a great collab. A duet (is it called a duet if it includes a band a solo artist?) with Alek Syntek as he's quite good at those bilingual songs, as shown in Kylie Minogue's "In My Arms" remix. Then if I really wanna get cray, we could have The Charlies collaborate with Tropi-pop Queen Fanny Lu in a very ranchero-tinged track about a fanfarron or something of the such. It would just be so good!

Also, a collaboration with any member of Girls Aloud or Sugababes would be kindly received here at PIAB.

What are some of your crazy Charlie collab ideas? Post them in the comments below!



1 comment:

  1. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.
    LC1D18G7 SQD CONTACTOR 600VAC 18AMP

    ReplyDelete