Monday, February 6, 2012

Marilyn Monroe serves as a muse for Jessie and the Toy Boys in latest leak



Yes, another post about Jessie and the Toy Boys. Yes, another post mentioning Marilyn Monroe. But this is for a good reason, I don't dare be redundant for trivial reasons!



"Marilyn" leaked a few days ago, but I never got around to listening to it. I lost precious time, because now I can't stop listening to this track! The delicious dark bubblegum-pop track starts with a genius whispered verse about the tragedy of life and all that good stuff...but then...

"Marilyn, why'd you die young? Was it pressure? Was it cutting through?" Jessie asks the iconic star. Much like the Nicki Minaj song "Marilyn Monroe" this track ponders the connection between today's celebrities to her, possibly the biggest star of the past. 

The blonde chanteuse asks Marilyn for advice, "What's the secre that you can reveal?" before asking the chilling question: "Were you feeling the way I feel?" There's nothing released by this group better than this. Nothing.

The bridge is truly the most haunting part of the song. I don't want to spoil the experience, because trust me it's goosebump-giving, but there are these things involved: cake and a loaded gun. Yeah, I know.

I came up with a formula to show just how great this song is: "Marilyn" >>> life.

I really hope this song makes the final cut for This Is How Rumors Start, or better yet becomes a single. Chills!

What do you think of Jessie and the Toy Boys' latest leak? What do you think of them in general? Comments greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment