Thursday, February 2, 2012

Madonna reveals "M.D.N.A." tracklisting, remains controversial


Madonna is everywhere. She was interviewed on "Anderson," her music video preview premiered just a few hours ago on "American Idol" and now she's released the tracklisting for her twelfth album "M.D.N.A." And let's just say I have quite a few comments/predictions about it.

1) Girls Gone Wild: This song title is extremely promising. What could a 52-year-old possibly have to say about going wild? Will it be a reminiscent track or a party one? I'm going for a song about the 21st century 50-somethings.

2) Gang Bang: Seriously? Is this like a symbolic "gang bang"? Like getting attacked by the paparazzi or being constantly the center of attention? Possibly...or it could be a song about a girl who gets gang-banged.

3) I'm Addicted: Drugs or love? Intrigue building.

4) Some Girls: Maybe she's talkin's smack to all those rich girls with no humility? Or those man-stealers?

5) I Don't Give A: This is probably gonna be one of those club-bangers. Madonna's gonna just party and party and party 'cuz she doesn't give a...

6) Turn Up The Radio: Oh this song, I just have a feeling, is gonna make a reference to a past song of hers.I can just feel it!

7) Give Me All Your Luvin': Well we all know and love this song already. Can't wait till tomorrow morning when I can hear the studio version in full!

8) B-day Song: I really hope this is to Madonna what "Birthday Cake" is to Rihanna. Because if so it's going to be ah-mazing.

9) Superstar: This could either be a story about how Madonna is a superstar, or about how a certain someone is a superstar in the eyes of Madonna. Either way, I predict a ballad.

10) I'm A Sinner: Ooh, this one is hard to read. It could be about all the nasty things Madge has done, or maybe a song of repentance. To God or to an old lover? Hmm..I'll marinate on this.

11) Masterpiece: This song is amazing. I really have not stopped listening to it. Love it so much. Madonna & Orbit = Dream Team.

12) Falling Free: I predict some guitar riffs infused into this song one way or another.

13) Love Spent: I foresee a pensive track about how Madonna wasted her time and love on Guy Ritchie, her ex-husband.

14) I F*cked Up: This sounds like a really big pop banger to me. It's going to include some really good beats, and a very catchy chorus. I can already hear it...

15) Beautiful Killer: Out of all the songs, it's this one I can't wait to hear it. The fact that it has such a good title and that it's the last song is a def omen to a great song.

I would like to go on the record and say that your faves could never come up with such an amazing tracklisting. Never.

Also, something to ponder: "Give Me All  Yout Luvin'" doesn't say "feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A." which leads to the obvious question: does Madonna eat pork?

Just kidding: are there any other features on this album?

I don't think so, sadly. But I can still hope.

What do you think of Madonna's tracklisting? Any comments about the song names? Comments greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment