Monday, February 6, 2012

Nicki Minaj leak shows that Onika Maraj might just be more talented than Roman Zolanski


In the aftermath of Madonna's Super Bowl performance with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. this Nicki Minaj song leaked (with tags).



"Marilyn Monroe" has not been confirmed by the singer herself to be featured on Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, but it would be a crime if it was not. The song sees the rapper channeling her inner...er, human being?...in an average R&B production. The production is not what makes this song, as is the case with many of Minaj's songs. It's the lyrics.

"Call me cursed, call me blessed. If you can't handle my worst, you ain't getting my best," she sings in the songs chorus before asking if this was how Marilyn Monroe felt. Her vocals really sound better than ever when they're reflecting and singing rather than spitting hard rhymes (although I love that too).

Minaj whines about fame in this song, and I guess it is to be expected. Every artist, at one moment in their career or the other, will whine about fame. Although it is dumb to do so, it makes for great songs. This latest Minaj leak shows Onika Maraj (her real name) instead of Roman Zolanski (her alter ego) or The Harajuku Barbie.

"I can get low, don't know which way is up," she says before the chorus. The pensive track truly is a treat to fans of Minaj's songs like "Your Love" where she sings in that average, yet beautiful voice of hers.

I hope there are more moments like this on the album, because you really do need a balance between hard-hitting disses and softly-sung melodious ballads.

What do you think of Nicki Minaj's latest leak? Do you prefer songs like this or are you a bigger Roman Zolanski fan? Comments greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment