Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting Dolly Rockered: "Redbull and Lipgloss"




Time for the latest installment of Getting Dolly Rockered! This time around we're going to talk about an amazing slow-jam (or at least slower than usual) by the Dolly Rockers called "Redbull & Lipgloss." 

I know, the name in itself is makes me want to listen to the song, but I'm still gonna talk a little about it.

"I'm textin' and I don't know why the tears are fallin' on my eyes," a Dolly Rocker sings in the song's opening bars. The laid-back production is rather odd for the Dolly Rockers, but it serves them well here. Some of the production and noises make me (pretty) sure that the same person who produced "Je Suis Une Dolly" produced this puppy.

Quite frankly, I can't quite decipher much of the Britishly-sung lyrics on this song, and apparently neither have people online, as I haven't been able to find the lyrics anywhere. But anyway, I suffice. Even when I don't know the lyrics I know that it's quite magical when the girls sing "Redbull and lipgloss waitin' at the [] show" during the song's chorus.

The guiatar and synthesizer production of this track gives a very distinctive, Blondie-esque feel, but it's still obvious that it's The Dolly Rockers we're listening to here.

Their voices are flawless, the production is top-notch, and the song as a hole is one of my faves. 

What do you think of "Redbull & Lipgloss"? Comments greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment