Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Latin pop music scene is alive and well (Part 2)



"La Nina Que Llora en Tus Fiestas" - La Oreja De Van Gogh
This song by Spanish pop-rock band La Oreja De Van Gogh (Van Gogh's Ear) release their first single from their upcoming album, adopting a new wave sound. "La Nina Que Llora En Tus Fiestas" (The Girl Who Cries At Your Parties) has production reminiscent of Muse's "Uprising" but the connotation in this song is completely different. The song has a great synthesizer that winds in the background and turns the song from a sad rock song to  sick, demented even, ditty about an obsessed girl who can't stop thinking about her guy.
The video is simple enough, but it shows off the band with their new lead singer, who is drop-dead gorgeous.
PULLOUT QUOTE: "Mirame con la estrella polar a mis pies. Vuelvo a casa perdida otra vez porque no se dejar de adorarte."
Translation: "Look at me with the pole star at my feet. I come home, lost again because I don't know how to stop adoring you."









"Ya No" - Dulce Maria
Remember how I previously mentioned that pop-rock was a thing of the past? Well, remember Hilary Duff and how whenever she sang pop-rock it was flawless? Meet Dulce Maria, the Mexican counterpart of Hilay Duff. She can do no wrong. As one-fifth of the now defunct REB (like Anahi and Christian Chavez mentioned in Part 1) she is now trying to launch a solo career, and doing pretty well at it. "Ya No" is her latest single and it's heartbreak o'clock in Candy Mary ville. The pop-rock track is accompanied by a few diluted synths here and there and it is amazing!
The video shows off 1) her great physique, 2) her great acting skills (RBD we formed off of the popular soap opera "Rebelde") and 3) her virtual flawlessness.
PULLOUT QUOTE: "Ya supe todo y puedes marcharte. Esto ya es mucho y no puedo perdonarte."
Translation: "I found out everything and you can leave. This is too much and I can't forgive you."








"Lluvia De Estrellas" - Jot Dog
Yes, they're named like the Spanish word for Hot Dog. No, they don't have hot dog mentions in any song or music videos. For those of you with open minds, welcome to the world of Jot Dog. "Lluvia De Estrellas" (Rain of Stars) are like an odd mix between No Doubt and Ellie Goulding. The band's great lyricism mixed with top-notch production create a beautiful ambiance in the track.
The music video is jaw-dropping. There's Final Fantasy elements, and some sexy make-out sessions and, and the great storyline. It's. Just. Too. Great.
PULLOUT QUOTE: "TĂș eres mi lluvia de estrellas, tus ojos me hacen volar. Me llevas a otros planetas, donde me haces gritar. Mi destino no es mio si conmigo tu no estas"
Translation: "You are my rain of stars, your eyes make me fly. You take me to other planets where you make me scream. My destiny is not mine if you are not with me."



Stay tuned for Part 3, the grand finale consisting of only one very special artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment