Saturday, January 14, 2012

Neon Hitch proves that she can rule the airwaves and "love" you betta



Neon Hitch is one of the best things to ever happen to the world. I'd been wanting to start an ongoing series showing all you guys Neon's amazing pop singles, but as soon as I discovered this track I knew I had to post about it.

(the above is a clean version)
"F*ck U Betta" has been floating around the internet in the form of live performance videos and live rips, but just recently this track's studio version was released online.
The Benny Benassi-produced track has an amazing beat throughout, but it's truly in the chorus where things go completely bananas! "She can love you good, but I can f*ck you betta, betta-etta-etta-etta-ay" she sings in the chorus, accompanied by Benassi's impressive club breakdown. the song is pure club bliss. The song's distorted series of "betta"s are the best part of the song.
The subject of the song is definitely original. Neon talks about the fact that even though her ex-boyfriend may have a girlfriend who is prettier than her, she can still...erm...love him betta.
While this isn't Neon's best single in my opinion, it is undoubtedly her most club-ready and her most production-impressive one.
*EDIT* It grew on me. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment